Saturday, January 13, 2007

Creamy Shallot Dijon Dressing

This is the perfect dressing for a vegan bacon spinach salad: toss it with baby spinach leaves, fresh sliced mushrooms, and crisp bites of smoky marinated tempeh, like Fakin' Bacon.

makes about ½ cup

1 tablespoon shallot, minced
1/3 cup Vegenaise
1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Lots of freshly ground black pepper


Combine the shallot, Vegenaise, red wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Add lots of freshly ground black pepper, to taste.

6 comments:

Just call me Orangie said...

I made this today and it was great! I didn't have any shallots, so I just used some finely grated onion, and I also add some minced garlic and extra mustard. It was great over a big salad of romaine, sauteed shiitake mushrooms and tons of grated carrots :)

Anonymous said...

I also just made this. The taste is zippy. Lovely.

Tami said...

I made this last night for salad and I'm going to use it again tonight for falafel. I think it would be awesome with falafel!

Anonymous said...

tried this recipe last night and husband loved it, asked for it again this evening....thanks!!!

Elizabeth Leigh said...

looks i had the same results as the other people who posted - made it last night for our spring mix salad and it had a great zippy flavor that husband and i both loved! followed your directions exactly and its so easy to whip this up! husband wants it again for sure he said. Yea, he likes something vegan!! a miracle haha

Anonymous said...

Sohbet Sohbet odaları Sohbet istanbul Sohbet sitesi Sohbet siteleri chat chat sitesi chat siteleri chat odaları chat chat odaları